Sunday, March 28, 2010

Zoo

Last Saturday we went to the Metro Richmond Zoo for the first time this year. I had been one time with Justin and the MOMS Club last fall, and this was Tim's first time going. It's a smaller zoo than what we are used to in DC, but they have a nice variety of animals.

We arrived just in time for the penguin feeding.


One of the most fun things to do at this zoo is feeding the giraffes. Justin was too scared to get very close, but Tim and I had fun taking turns!



If you look closely here you can see this one using its tongue to try to get some food out of the cracks.


They also have a fun little enclosed area where you can feed the birds...



Justin was not nearly as impressed as I expected him to be...




Here we are looking down at an alligator.


We let Justin walk a lot, and he liked to stop and inspect everything, so we only got through about a third of the zoo before deciding to head out for lunch and then home for nap time. But we decided to get season passes to the zoo this year, so we will be back soon to see what we missed, and I expect we will be making a lot of trips there this spring, summer, and fall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like a great zoo! I've never gotten to feed a giraffe. Now I'm envious! -- Cousin Ann

Marie said...

yay for the zoo! It looks like you had a great day!