Sunday, November 18, 2012

Justin's birthday party

If you would go back in time with me... I realize this is way old news now, but I figure at least the grandparents will still like to see these...

On July 28 we had a 4th birthday party for Justin. Our theme was "Pete the Cat," a series of picture books that was Justin's current favorite. As part of the party we had a story time with a couple of Pete books.



We also played a "pass the parcel" game, in which the kids passed a multi-layered wrapped parcel around the circle while music played. Whoever was holding the parcel when the music stopped got to unwrap the outermost layer to revel a prize. By the end of the game they had all gotten a prize, of course!


We also had a craft where the kids made a picture of Pete by gluing colored paper pieces that I had cut out in advance. Colored paper pieces that took me waaaay longer than I had anticipated to cut out!



Tim went out in the middle of the party to pick up lunch from a barbecue place.


Presents!


This was my first attempt at decorating a birthday cake!



3 comments:

Marie said...

wow, what a nice party! Justin is a lucky kid. :)

Jen McNeel said...

Thanks, Marie!

Anonymous said...

I think I'm acquainted with Pete the Cat. Your cake looked great! Looks like a fun party! -- Cousin Ann