Justin kept creeping back behind the tree stand:

I wanted to take his picture in front of the pretty trees, but he was much more interested in this piece of twine he had found on the ground than in the trees or the camera:

Here is the one we picked!
That night Justin's preschool offered free babysitting for two hours as their Christmas gift to the families. Tim and I enjoyed a dinner out by ourselves. On the way home we stopped to look at this house on the street next to ours. It's on the tacky lights tour:
Coming soon... decorating the tree!
3 comments:
What a great Christmas gift by the pre-school! I'm glad that you and Tim took advantage of it. And I, too, have a tacky Christmas tree lights house in my neighborhood. It is quite spectacular, with every possible inflatable christmas decoration, music playing, lights flashing, and a teeny, tiny nativity scene off to the side.
Wow thats a lot of lights! Glad you and Tim got to enjoy a peacful dinner. Do you get more of those the older your kids get or are they still as few and far between? Can't wait to see how your tree turns out!
Lyndsie, for us they are still pretty far between because we haven't found an evening babysitter yet and we don't have any family nearby. We try to go out sometimes when our parents are in town for a visit. I am jealous of some of my mom friends who have parents in town and go out without the kids all the time!
Post a Comment