Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Jumping Video

Justin has recently mastered the ability to jump. He was somewhat behind the average schedule on this, which was not a problem except for the fact that his preschool class ends each day with a jumping song, in which each child takes a turn jumping in the middle of the circle. I think it bothered him that he was the only kid in his class who couldn't jump. When he tried to jump he would always go into a full squat with his rear end near the floor. For months Tim and I would tell him not to bend his knees so far, but our advice went unheeded, until finally one day it sank in, or perhaps he worked it out for himself. Anyway, here's a brief video of Justin jumping, in which he also describes his technique in his own words.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Justin has that conquered. Once he's got 7x8 mastered he won't need to go to school any more. From, Cousin Ann

Marie said...

This is fascinating. I never realized that jumping was a skill to be learned and mastered, though I suppose that is not surprising now that I am thinking about it. I just never thought about it! But good for him!

Al and Lyndsie said...

Catching up on my posts, He seems like an expert now! Isn't it funny how you think they might never get something, and then when they do, they just somehow get it! E is taking his first few steps right now. It will be interesting to see when he tries it all on his own. Right now he just walks a few toward me (it might be considered more like falling into me) but I consider them steps! ;)