And Sam, the little wanna-be t-ball player:
Justin at bat, the next day, in his first game:
Sam at an Easter egg hunt that was part of a spring festival at our local middle school:
The boys going down a big slide at the same event:
Now that Justin is starting to read, it's really nice to see him reading to Sam:
Also in April we did a little trip up to the DC area with the primary aim of getting the boys to the dinosaur exhibit at the Smithsonian natural history museum before it closed for a 5-year renovation. We stayed at Patty and Audrey's and they came along on our trip downtown. The boys' first time on the Metro:
Sam was there, too, which was hard to see in the previous picture:
On the mall:
The first thing we saw at the museum was the tarantula feeding:
Justin was particularly impressed with the REAL mummy:
Some shots in the dinosaur hall:
Ape-parently we made a new friend while we were there, too:
While at Patty's we also dyed Easter Eggs. The boys went shirtless because I hadn't brought any shirts I wanted to risk getting dye on.
That's it for April. I'll try to be back soon with some pictures from May.
.jpg)
.jpg)
+(1024x766).jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
+(768x1024).jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
2 comments:
Thanks, Jen. Love, McMom
I'm so glad you all got to see the tarantula feeding. David and I got to see that when we were teenagers, and it left an impression on both of us. Thank you for the update! -- Cousin Ann
Post a Comment