Okay, okay, I know I said I'd be back soon with pictures from May, but sometimes current events take precedence. Before playing more "catch-up" I feel I should bring you the news that we now have a SIX-year-old living in our house. Justin's birthday was last Saturday. He's a big fan of the Rescue Bots TV show. It's a transformers show aimed at a younger audience than most transformers shows/movies. The robots all transform into rescue vehicles. We decided to give him the toys of the main characters for his birthday, and for a little added excitement we made up a scavenger hunt type game in which each bot that Justin opened had to help rescue the next one. He (and Sam!) enjoyed it. I think these pictures will be pretty self-explanatory to show what it was like.
That last one is Optimus Prime, who transforms into a truck that can carry the rest of the rescue bots.
Also for some fun on Justin's birthday we went swimming and out for a treat to Sweet Frog frozen yogurt.
That evening I worked on the cake for Justin's party the following day. The party had a lego theme. Here's how the cake(s) turned out:
In case you are wondering, the "bumps" are each a half a marshmallow.
Coming soon: pictures from the party.
1 comment:
I want you to come do my birthday parties! I like the searching part of the gifts. Clever! -- Cousin Ann
Post a Comment