Wednesday, October 8, 2014

LEGO KidsFest

On Sunday afternoon, we ventured into the city for the LEGO KidsFest--"over 3 acres of LEGO family fun."  We started at the Model Museum.

Lightning McQueen from Cars:

Buzz Lightyear and Sheriff Woody from Toy Story:

Some animals, including Justin's current favorite, a tiger:



A cityscape with the Avengers comic book characters:

Little Hulk:
 Big Hulk:

The Star Wars section:




The Big Brick Pile:






Even the adults got in on the building fun:



The boys got to race their creations:



In the Challenge Zone, we built towers as high as we could in two minutes:

Justin's favorite part was the Ninjago section, where we set up minifigures on platforms and spun them around to knock off the opponent's minifigures.



Shooting down bad guys from the LEGO Movie:


A lion made of Duplos:



Sam's own creation:

Getting ready to drive home:


Hmm, maybe I'd better drive.

We stayed until the very end.  After four and a half hours (including a break to eat in the middle, and about half a dozen mad rushes to the bathroom) they were still raring to go.  Mom and Dad, maybe not so much, but we did have fun.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That really looks like a lot of fun!

Love, Grandmother

Anonymous said...

I want to go! I wonder if this ever comes to St. Louis. If so, I'm taking Jacob (as an excuse to go myself). -- Cousin Ann