Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Independence Day

On the 4th of July we went to the parade in our neighborhood.

Waiting for it to start.


Really can't wait for it to start.


I think it's coming!


 There it is!





I took some pictures of the parade, but honestly they are really not that interesting, so I will spare you.

After the parade the boys had fun at our neighborhood park playing with some balloons on a string. These were supposed to be forming an arch over a walkway, but one end had come loose.



 

 We went home for a while and returned after dinner for the fireworks. This was the first time the boys had ever seen fireworks. We went a bit early to get good seats, so then we had to wait for the sun to go down.

We brought some books along for entertainment. The boys wanted to listen but were too excited to sit down.




Snacking in the sunset light:



There it goes, finally!


We enjoyed the show.


No comments: