Justin had always gone to part-time but year-round preschool, so having the whole summer off between kindergarten and first grade came as a surprise to him. Since Sam's preschool schedule continued two days a week over the summer, this gave Justin and me an unusual opportunity to do some big kid stuff without Sam along.
One of these things was the "Treetop Zoofari" zip line and adventure course at our zoo. They have a big course high up in the trees with lots of zip lines for adults (and kids older than Justin). They also have a "junior explorer" course for ages 4 and up, so that was the one we tried together.
Unfortunately I was behind him, so I didn't get a lot of pictures of his face as he was doing this.
But I did get him to turn around now and then:
And I also sneaked ahead of him once when the woman guiding us suggested I'd probably want to skip going through this small tunnel:
Close to the end:
The last thing is a zip line.
He got scared a few times along the way, so I think he was proud of himself for finishing. At the bottom and all done:
The other unique thing about Justin's summer was the opportunity for him to choose a few summer camps so that I could continue to get some writing done over the summer. We found a really great summer program at a local private school, and he chose three different week-long day camps spread out over the summer. He went to superhero camp, math camp, and robot camp. He got to bring a couple of robots home from robot camp that he had made, which was a lot of fun. He also loved superhero camp, during which he got to design and make his own personal superhero costume:
2 comments:
I'm proud of Justin for conquering the scared spots! Love, Grandmother
What a fun summer! You get big Mom points for taking him on the ropes course. -- Cousin Ann
Post a Comment