There's been a lot going on around here during the summer, but before getting to any of that I thought I'd finally finish blogging about something we started blogging about two months ago. As you may (or may not) recall, back in June we took a little vacation to the Natural Bridge area of Virginia. The other major thing we did while we were there was tour the Natural Bridge caverns. This is a fairly small cave in comparison to other famous caves, but was just the right size for two young boys who had not been in a cave before.
Here's our tour guide on our way down:
Some formations:
It was hard to get good people pictures in the low light. Pardon the blurriness, but here are Tim and Sam on the way down:
Some more formations:
A perfectly clear and still pond:
I tried very hard while we were down there to get a good picture of the boys together in the cave. Believe it or not, this is the best picture I got of those moving targets:
Before we checked out of our cabin on the last morning of our trip, we played a game of checkers:
A stop on the way home to look at a view:
1 comment:
What a great place to go! And I love the big checkers. In St. Louis, the home of the Chess Hall of Fame and Scholarship Center, we have big chess boards in a couple of places, but I've never seen checkers this big. -- Cousin Ann
Post a Comment