Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mother's Day

Okay, so I'm a little behind in posting about Mother's Day, but one week's not so bad, right?

I really enjoyed my first Mother's Day. The day began with me getting up to nurse Justin at 6:20 A.M., after which Tim took over and I went back to sleep. :-) Then Tim remained "in charge" of Justin until time to leave for church at 10:40, so after I got up I spent a while on the computer, had a leisurely breakfast while reading the newspaper, and took a nice long shower. All very relaxing!

After church we came home for lunch and then went to Pocahontas State Park for a hike in the afternoon. Justin was kindly in a delightful mood all day, including on the hike, during which he seemed to really enjoy being in the backpack--watching the scenery go by while being up at Mom and Dad's eye level seemed to agree with him. He "talked" for almost the whole 2 1/2 mile hike. And often while babbling he also enjoyed licking the backpack strap...


After our hike we refueled at Ledo's Pizza on the way home. Justin was quite loungy in the highchair. Apparently riding in a backpack is hard work.



"Mom, I think I ate too many Cheerios!":


Tim and Justin had a little tug-of-war over the leftovers at the end of the meal:


The only downside to Mother's Day was that I realized afterward that we didn't get a picture of me and my boy on my first Mother's Day. Oh well, we'll try to fix that next year.

1 comment:

Marie said...

That sounds like such a wonderful day!