It looks like Justin is finally getting his first tooth at more than 9 and a half months! He may be a bit later than average but he's still beating his Aunt Patty who didn't get her first until 11 months! It was this very Aunt Patty who noticed a tiny white spot on Justin's lower gum while we were at her house on Friday morning (more about that trip soon). At the time we weren't positive it was a tooth coming in because it was just a little spot and the gum still felt perfectly smooth. Things are still pretty smooth in there, but the spot has gotten bigger and we are pretty sure now that there is a tooth on its way in. Someday soon you may see a little tooth in the pictures we post on here.
In other news, about two weeks ago Justin started waving bye-bye to his Daddy when he and I go out, and about a week ago he began refusing to do so and hasn't waved since.
Still no crawling but he is getting much more active on the floor in the last week or so, rotating, reaching, rolling over, and sometimes scooting himself backwards with his arms while on his tummy. We tried to capture this on video today and will post later if we got anything good.
Some of you may not be aware that we started with a regular babysitter a few weeks ago. A woman I met in the MOMS Club comes over about twice a week for three hours with her 3-year-old daughter and they watch Justin while I work. So far I've been working on a couple book reviews and getting ready for a lecture I gave last week, but very soon I hope to actually begin my dissertation research during those times. Also, we have registered Justin for a toddler preschool class starting in the fall, and I will use that time to work as well. That will be Monday and Wednesday mornings. In addition to play they do art and music with the little kiddies, and I hope Justin will enjoy it.
That's about all the news from here. I'll post a few pictures soon from the recent trip Justin and I took to MD/PA/NoVA.
No comments:
Post a Comment