Saturday, May 23, 2009

Trip to MD/PA/NoVA

Last week Justin and I had an adventure to the north. I was invited to fill in for someone teaching a continuing education event at Gettysburg Seminary on Thursday morning. Justin and I went up Wednesday, stopping for lunch at Grandmother and Grandpa's house (Tim's parents) for a couple of hours before continuing on to Gettysburg. When we got there we chatted for a while with one of my former professors before meeting up with Gram and Poppy (my parents) for dinner. They came up to Gettysburg to tour the battlefields and new visitor's center, and also to watch Justin for me while I gave my presentation. We all stayed together in an apartment on campus that night.

My presentation went well on Thursday morning and I enjoyed seeing a couple of my classmates. After lunch we said goodbye to Gram and Poppy and headed back south to Patty's house. Justin was very excited to see his cousin Audrey. He really likes her! We went to a Korean bbq cookout with some of their friends that night. On our way home the next day Justin and I got to have lunch with my childhood friend Steve. It was great to see him as we have not talked much in recent years. Then we headed home to see Tim/Daddy, whom we both missed very much!

I didn't take many pictures on our trip, but I did get a few good ones of Justin playing at Patty's house on Friday morning before we left. We picked up another load of Audrey's old toys on this trip, including this little car that Justin loves to be pushed around on. He doesn't move it himself yet, but I think he will soon, as the last time I did it I saw him starting to move his little feet on the floor when I pushed it. The funny thing was that the first time I sat him down on it he started making what sounds like driving noises. Don't know what inspired him to make a sound like that! It scares me a little bit how much he looks like a little boy in this picture instead of a baby.

I also thought Justin looked cute and tiny sitting in Patty's big papasan chair, so I took a few pictures of him in there. He was acting a bit goofy for the camera.




Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Today is Tim's birthday, and his parents, who are here for the weekend, will be watching Justin later while we go out to a movie and dinner. :-)

1 comment:

Al and Lyndsie said...

Great Pics Jen! Thanks for sharing, he is growing fast. And looking more "boyish" than "babyish."