Here is Justin dropping one of the dye thingies into the vinegar...
...and stirring:
We let Justin do four eggs. He caught on right away. Just as I was about to try to explain to him what we were doing he threw his first egg into the cup with the yellow dye. Well, okay, then! Here it is coming back out, with some help from his Dad.
I don't usually include so many pictures that are so similar, but I loved all these of me and Justin dyeing eggs, and I just couldn't choose. You can see that part way through I took my wise husband's advice and went to get an apron; Justin was a very enthusiastic egg dyer, resulting in more splashing that I remembered being a part of this process the last time I did it!
After four eggs it was bedtime. You can see the four eggs Justin dyed in this one:
He had a good time!
Since it was bedtime, Tim tried to take the eggs from Justin so we could take him upstairs. As you can see, Justin wasn't too keen on this idea.
After Justin was in bed Tim and I dyed 7 more. Here are the final results:
So, it was the Wednesday after Easter, but hey, it's still the Easter season according to the liturgical calendar! :)
1 comment:
i love this! justin looks so intent and excited. and the eggs look so pretty! i haven't dyed eggs with the fizzy tablets in years.
by the way, a coworker has a 9 year old son who wanted to eat one of the (hard boiled) eggs that he had dyed for Easter. He likes his eggs warm, though. She put the egg in the microwave and discovered that it takes exactly 28 seconds for a hard boiled egg to explode in the microwave!
Post a Comment