Friday, March 13, 2009

Some News and Pictures

A few bits of news to share with you all today...

Justin FINALLY rolled over from his back to his stomach this week. He did this a few times while trying to get to some toys out of reach. Still not too happy to find himself on his stomach, though, and he rolled right back over!

The other exciting thing of late is that I joined the local MOMS Club. In case you're not familiar with it, this is an international organization for helping full-time or part-time stay-at-home moms meet and support one another (MOMS stands for "moms offering moms support"). This group has many, many activities, including a big meeting once a month for everyone with a speaker or other club business, various playgroups, daytime outings to parks, zoo, etc., dinner events for the whole family, and a Mom's Night Out once a month when the kids stay home with dad. I'm very excited to get involved and to get Justin and me out of the house a bit more often. I think it will be really good for him to see other babies and kids more often, too. I went to my first playgroup this past week. This one was for all ages. The next one I'm planning to attend is especially for babies under 18 months.

In other news... we tried to introduce Justin to a little bit of finger food this week, but to no avail. He seems to be convinced at this point that food is supposed to come in pureed or at least highly mashed form. Solid food seems to be just about the only thing in world that Justin won't put in his mouth! We'll try again in a couple weeks.

To finish off this post, here is a series of pictures of Justin playing in/with my baseball hat:








Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments: