Here is the result of Justin "helping" me reorganize my books. Looks quite proud of himself, doesn't he?

Two or three weeks ago I went to a MOMS Club "Mom's Night Out." We had a henna tattoo artist come and I enjoyed getting a tattoo for the first time. The picture below was from that evening, when the henna was still on my leg. After it flaked off the tattoo "developed" to a dark orangy-brown. It lasted full strength for about a week and then started gradually fading. There's only the faintest hint of it left now.

In one of Justin's books there is a girl who puts socks on her ears to pretend she is a rabbit. Justin wanted to give it a try. :)

I thought I'd also share a few meals we've made with CSA veggies. A while back we were looking for some more ways to use our greens and we found this recipe for Ribollita con Verdure (aka, stale bread soup with greens). The CSA veggies in there are zucchini and swiss chard. That's basil on top, but, although we've been getting fresh basil in our CSA for the last few weeks, back then we bought it at the grocery store.

One tasty thing we've eaten a couple times lately is a fresh cucumber salad with green onions, feta, olive oil, and lemon juice. Both the cucumber and scallions came from our CSA.
Beets, beets, and more beets! Thankfully, yesterday was our first pick-up without beets! Hooray! Back when we were having to figure out what to do with beets every week, our favorite creation was a beet pesto, that we mixed with pasta.
Even Justin and his peacocks tried a little. See?

He didn't eat much, but the meal made him happy anyway!
We were very excited to get tomatoes, basil, and garlic all at the same time yesterday. Yum, yum! Bruschetta will be on the table tonight!A few days before we left on vacation Justin was attempting to sing the ABC song along with me and Tim during dinner. It was very cute, so I ran and grabbed the camera to try to film it. Of course, Justin had other ideas--no more singing, only a conversation about the camera. Anyway, this video cracks us up, so we thought we'd share it with you.
2 comments:
that video was hilarious.
beet pesto is interesting! what else was in it besides beets?
I love the video too, he's really looking out for you guys and so observant! Wow, those books, I know there are going to be days like that coming for me at some point too. Thanks for all your posts, even if I don't comment every time I always enjoy them!
Post a Comment