Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Justin's Current Vocabulary

As Justin approaches the 14 month mark, I thought you might be interested to know what he's been talking about lately. On his first birthday he could say mama, dada, and hat. He has been steadily adding to his vocabulary since then. It's fun to hear him say real words. The following is not necessarily an exhaustive list, but I think it is pretty close to it--it is everything I have jotted down over the last couple months as he has started talking. I should mention that he doesn't say most of these with perfect pronunciation, but close enough to be recognizable. By his parents, anyway. :)

mama
dada
hat
dog
ball
bath
door
book
light
hi
broom
cheese
car
key
tree
wall
bottle (as in shampoo or lotion, not baby bottle)
balloon
box
woof (what a dog says)
roar (what a lion says)
bowl
rock (the motion of a rocking chair, not a stone)
water
teeth
bird
squirrel
shoe
owl, duck, and frog (as pictured in baby books)

So, that's what Justin finds interesting enough to talk about! I think I will stop keeping track now...

1 comment:

Marie said...

I love that "cheese" is on the list. A little man has to have his priorities. Also, frog. This is great. Good for him!